Thursday, June 7, 2012

God really wanted me to have these pants...

Last week I challenged myself to not buy anything for 2 weeks.  If you are following my blog, you realize that I was not successful.  I only made it about 8 hours, considering I was at work for 6 of those 8 hours, one could say I failed miserably...

When I got home from work, in an effort to stay off my computer and not buy anything, I decided I would organize Gabby's fall stash and see what I needed once my buying freeze was over.  I am an outfit person, every top has a bottom, every bottom has a top and every dress or tunic has leggings or tights.  I became very uneasy when I ran across this Mini Boden Tunic in Gabby's stash, that I bought at the Mini Boden End of Season Sale and realized I did not have any leggings to wear with it.  I mean it is June after all and come October (ya know like 4 months from now) we will really NEED leggings.
It was getting to be Gabby's bedtime, so I got the stuff put away, got her in bed and came downstairs to get on Facebook, not to shop but to catch up with my Mini Boden Mama Friends in our little "secret" group.  It is not just about shopping, they are all some of my online besties now.  Anyway, I go to the group and wouldn't you know it, someone had just posted MY PANTS!  The ones that I had to have to match this tunic and they were in the size we needed as well...

But, I was under this self-imposed buying freeze.  What to do, what to do, yes I struggled with it, for all of about 30 seconds, when I decided it was meant to be, fate, God wanted me to have these pants or they wouldn't have been there so readily available for me.
The pants arrived in the mail today (read my post from May about the mail and look for my upcoming post about the Mailman being better than Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny according to Gabby) and now we have this super cute outfit for fall.

2 comments:

  1. This is just awesome...I love little happenings like this...I am the same way Kami, and outfit person, and my daughter drives me nuts by wanting to put on whatever and get the whole Punky Brewster thing going on...I cringe...So now, I put all the pieces that don't have their match on the top rack (hidden way way to the side of her deep closet. Then I place outfits together after everything has made it seamlessly from the wash to her closet. Then according to the weather, will choose two or 3 outfits, place them on the bottom rack and give her a "choice". I always wonder how other moms do it, especially with strong willed angels, like mine, UGH---lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny Chi, I do the same, I pick out 2-3 outfits the night before and let Gabby pick from them in the morning. It has made for much easier mornings

      Delete