Friday, May 18, 2012

Kami, please explain why our daughter thinks her clothes magically appear in the mailbox???

As a fellow shopacholic, I know that one of the biggest fears is having your hubby beat you to the mailbox.  It is necessary that we get there first so that we can secure our packages and hide the new additions to the closet before he sees them.  Well, on Monday, Hubby picked Gabby up from day care and beat me home and here is what happened...

I always check the mail as we pull into the driveway, with Gabby in the backseat, eagerly waiting to see what goodies mommy is about to retrieve from the mailbox, with her saying something along the lines of "oh, are those my new clothes?"  On Monday, hubby pulled into the driveway with Gabby in the backseat, completely bypassing the mailbox (it has taken a lot of training to keep him away from the mail) but on this particular day little miss Gabby chimed in from the back seat with "UGGGHHHHH Daddy, you forgot to check the box and see what clothes the mailman brought me today..."  (she needs more training on keeping her little mouth shut about these things when daddy is around).  So, hubby was forced to check the mail and luckily, on this day, there was only one package.  (here is Gabby modeling that outfit from Addy's Closet)
So, when I arrived home I was met with - Kami, can you please explain why our daughter thinks her clothes magically appear in the mailbox each day? When she was pressed on the issue by daddy, she totally gave me up and explained how the clothes arrive each day and that mommy puts them away in her closet...

Busted by the object & beneficiary of my shopping addiction...

2 comments: