Saturday, May 19, 2012

Keeping it small business, both local and online

Since my blog is about What Gabby Wears, I thought I should have an entry about where I shop.  I like the concept of keeping it local, but in small towns that is not always possible, so I try to apply the same concept when shopping online, supporting small individually owned boutiques - so I call it keeping it small. 

When shopping local in Moore County, North Carolina I shop at Belli Bambini.  It is owned by a dear friend that is responsible for getting me into this world of pricey toddler fashion.  She carries everything from clothes, shoes, baby gear to the super luxury baby blankets by Little Giraffe.  One of my favorite brands at Belli Bambini is Peaches n Cream. This is really keeping it local as they are also located in North Carolina.  Here is a pic of Gabby in my favorite Peaches n Cream outfit
My first online boutique was Addy's Closet (www.addyscloset.com).  I ran across this boutique when Gabby's doctor suggested buying a pair of squeaky shoes to help encourage her to walk flat footed (she was a toe walker).  I found Mooshu Trainers at Addy's Closet (the red sandals above are Mooshu).  I ended up finding many, many more things I loved at Addy's Closet including Persnickety Clothing Company, Lemon Loves Lime & LunaLuna Copenhagen.  One of my favorite Persnickety outfits is shown in the picture below.




Through Addy's Closet, I discovered another boutique, Katiebugs (www.katiebugsonline.com).  She also carries Persnickety & Lemon Loves Lime but also has Misha Lulu and this unexpected favorite Paulinie Collection.  How cute is this dress??  The owner has 2 little girls so she is fantastic at helping with sizing concerns.
Last, but certainly not least  is The Frilly Frog (www.thefrillyfrog.com).  Can you say Lilly Pulitzer??  Find it here.  Lilly is one of my newest obsessions but glad that I am only late to the whole world of Lilly.
You can also find each of these stores on Facebook.  The owners go above and beyond to satisfy.  Also check their Facebook pages for SALES (don't we all love a great sale?).  I discovered all of these stores within in the last 4 years and now consider each of the owners friends.  Now, that is great customer service.

While you are checking out the Facebook pages of these stores, you can also check out my Buy/Sell/Trade page Gabby's Goodies, as each of these outfits will be available soon

1 comment: