Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend Myrtle Beach Road Trip

I am a little late with my Mother's Day weekend entry, but since I was slack this morning and didn't get a picture of what Gabby wore today, I thought I would reach back a few weeks for something to write about.  I hope all of you had as great of a weekend as I did.

My parents were at Myrtle Beach and got a great deal on a 2 bedroom unit at the Marriott by agreeing to sit through the timeshares sales pitch and invited us to come stay with them.  We arrived late on Friday night and met them at Broadway at the Beach for dinner at Johnny Rockets.  Gabby had her first "real" milkshake and after sucking on the straw for about 30 seconds said "What is wrong with it, nothing is coming out!?!"  So, we had to let it melt a little bit.  We walked over to the Pavilion area at Broadway at the Beach, it is nothing like the old Pavilion on the strip was but it fit the need for the night, which was a few carnival rides for Gabby.  You can't see much of her outfit but she has on a tunic & leggings by Anita G and I paired it with this Cream Stella Jacket by Persnickety Clothing Company.  If you do not have this jacket, you NEED it.  It matches everything, dress up or dress down.  It is from Spring 2011, so you have to buy one second hand at this point.
Saturday Gabby & I headed out to the beach and it was sales pitch time for Mom & Dad.  They thought it ran long, but I didn't have to attend so that was no sweat off my back, Gabby & I were on the beach.  Gabby wore this adorable Kate Mack Bikini (before you ask NO, I do not have a problem with my 3 year old wearing a bikini, I will have more of a problem with it when she is 16 and going to the beach with boys, than I do now).  We got this and all of our Kate Mack swimwear at one of our favorite stores, Addy's Closet (www.addyscloset.com).


After several hours on the beach, we headed up to the pool area for lunch and some cocktails for me.  They had these 2 great life guards working the water slide and playing with the kids, so I was able to kick back and relax for a little while.
Saturday evening we headed out for dinner at a local place, Bovines. (I like to support the local guy rather than the big chain when I can).  The food was great but we got more compliments than we could count on this Persnickety Clothing Company outfit.  I had to piece this outfit together from Addy's Closet and Katiebugs, as the items sold out so fast.
The evening ended with Mommy getting this great Katie Holmes look alike necklace from an Etsy store for Mother's Day (mine has a G, but this picture was the only one I could find on the lady's website this morning).
Anyway, looking for a nice but cheap vacation, take places up on the offer to sit through the Timeshare Sales pitch.  It only takes 2 hours out of your trip but gives you a several night stay for a deeply discounted price.

3 comments:

  1. She is absolutely priceless!!! I am crazy about that sweet little bikini:) makes me want to put one on Nicholas, but I am not sure he would appreciate that!! Beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kami,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Water’s Edge in Myrtle Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete