Friday, May 18, 2012

Fishing, anyone? Well at least she looked cute.

My husband LOVES to fish, I do not. I am not all that outdoorsy, my idea of nature walk is getting a bad parking space at the mall and having to hike all the way to the entrance.  Since our son doesn't fish, my husband decided he would start Gabby early, hoping to inspire a life long hobby.  I was originally against this and then a smarter head prevailed and I realized if she enjoyed it, that would be something he could do with her and give me an afternoon "off." 

We ventured out for our first fishing trip a few weeks ago.  I tagged along to show Gabby that girly girls can fish, well I didn't participate, I took the pictures.  Our fishing trip started with selecting the perfect outfit, girly yet not frilly.  We went with this Tea Collection (http://www.teacollection.com/) skirt and nesting doll tea, then we paired with Ladybug rain boots (not sure where they are from, gift from grandma).
Our first stop was Walmart to buy a Barbie Fishing Pole. Daddy seemed to think she was going to enjoy fishing with her brother's leftover Spiderman pole, I knew that wasn't happening, so it was off to Walmart to buy a pink Barbie Fishing Pole

Now that we had the right gear, it was off to the pond.  Gabby had a ball catching fish after fish.  She had to touch each one and then wash her hands with baby wipes to get the smell off, but she loved it.  No fish were harmed, all were put right back in the water.  Now, Daddy & Gabby have something they can do together and mommy can get her dressed and then sit home and relax for a few hours.

But, a girl always has to take a moment to run through the flowers



No comments:

Post a Comment